Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Be Safe Out There

Given to thinking too much, I wonder what people have in mind when they proffer glibittudes. Is it a polite reminder to use condoms, or check how many interactions my partner's had since her STI screening?




Gazing into the night, watching the lightning, I was surprised to see the bloom of bright red where moments before a bolt had hit.

I was here....

N41.20525 W116.40835


Soon, it covered a large enough area to warrant a call. Elko Fire took my coordinates and estimate of the fire's location. The waxing & waning kept me entertained for about an hour; far better than tv. Fortunately, it was a few miles off.

This morning there was smoke in the air, even after the winds that'd accompanied the isolated thundershowers. Around 9:30, the plane came by, just as I was taking care of "morning business." After flying over to where it'd been and circling a few times, they went back from whence they'd come. (...whence they came?)

It leant a bit of perspective to the delightful aphorisms that constitute our expressions of care and concern. Ahhhhh, alliteration.

Oh! And havva nise day.

2 comments:

  1. And the Invisible Man in the Sky cursed, "Dammit, missed him again."

    ReplyDelete
  2. An' Br'er Rabbit, he jus' laff an' laff!

    ReplyDelete