Sunday, June 28, 2015

Eggbert's Successor

A little over a month ago as I was hitch-hiking back to camp, three journalists stopped to give me a ride. Andrew Collins wrote an article for Truck Yeah that introduced me to the website which you too might enjoy. It was while perusing a post that mentions the upcoming Dakar Rally I found mention of Puegot's entry...a hatchback.




The link below is to the article from whence I lifted the above picture. Of course, I'm confident I can find a better way to flaunt my stupidity than by having a black vehicle in the desert Southwest. But then, maybe not.

http://jalopnik.com/peugeots-mean-ass-rally-buggy-is-here-to-win-dakar-and-1563347299

It's premature to think about retiring Eggbert; with barely more than 200k miles he has, in my esteemed opinion, only recently reached his majority. But there may come a day when parts are no longer available. Although I'm skeptical, this might be a contend'r to fill his shooz. Hopefully, it, like he, will get 50+ miles to the gallon (5.6 L/100 km).

No comments:

Post a Comment