Saturday, September 3, 2016

Tioga Bridge - N Fork of the Umpqua River

Smith slipped into her new walking jacket as if she'd been handed a martini and told her fav suitor was at the door. We strolled over the bridge, then galloped down the trail. 






This and the Metolius River are the cleanest I've seen in the lower 48.









Taking a bearing.





Nearing the end, she sought refuge in her palanquin from the press of the cheering crowds. The street-sweepers will be busy all night at the confetti.







7 comments:

  1. You are quite the proud daddy/lackey. And Smith quite the celebrated jungle cat. What a team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest front page, EVER !!

    L O V E I T !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Good thing we can't actually die from cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm dying from cute : ). I think 'kitty in a backpack' is officially at the top of the cute list. Does she like the backpack? How does she like the leash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She tolerates them. She seems to appreciate the carrier in times of threat, but wants down as soon as it's all clear. She growled at me yesterday when I put her in her walking jacket. We were in the woods and I wanted to leave in an hour. (She sometimes stays away for several hours.) She took umbrage saying, "I can find my way back from the moon." But she soon got over it. She keeps pace pretty well but we make frequent stops for to savor and investigate. The lead is about 15 feet.

      Delete
  5. This is so cute. Makes me want to run out and get a kitty....

    ReplyDelete