Friday, January 1, 2010

Process....Not GOAL

....once we recognize the process nature of human experience and the infinite potentialities of human thinking and discovery, we give up hope of an orderly and completed system of thinking.

But having given that up, we are begun upon an intellectual adventure which has within it high excitement and genuine creative potential. Many of us will find the ambiguity and inexorable incompleteness of this approach to be threatening. Certainly I experience these feelings myself.

But I know too that once we change the conception of the enterprise in which we are engaged to that of exploration in an infinite system, once we give up the hope of making the ultimate and definitive discovery and recognize that our transaction with our experience of the out-there is a creative, artistic one, there is more to be gained than lost.




And if Manny (with cigar) sez it's so, it's so!



Originally, my first blogpost on January 23, 2011, I moved it to the beginning as I added posts that predated it.





1 comment:

  1. ah a new blog! more to be gained than lost.... that gives me hope too, thanks.
    (to change to adult content, you click on Dashboard, click on settings, scroll down and add 'Adult Content'.
    x

    ReplyDelete