Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Incredible Valentine!!

As you're no doubt aware, modern science, while ignoring the fact that there are already plenty of people here, has pursued techniques for adding to the population when the usual method is unsuccessful.

Choosing as I did (TMI TMI alert!) to get vasectomized at age 22, I'm prone to the gimlet eye when confronted with the holiday snapshots of the 40-50 people that now constitute some of the "families." Many have had several children, often with a series of wives, and their children carry on the tradition: a tradition of FAMILY VALUES (It's okay as long as the relationships are serial, dontchyuhknow? Polyamory still falls under the "queer" rubric, though.) and lack of social conscience. Thank god there are some who aren't opposed to supporting other peoples' offspring.

So it was with astonishment that after years-long attempts by a friend's daughter and her husband to become pregnant I felt my eyes fill with tears as I read the text announcing the heard heartbeat heralding the successful in vitro fertilization. At least I know, unlike many of the children I met when I had my business providing after-school programs, this one will be loved.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment