Tuesday, September 1, 2015

An Idea Worth Spreading - JBT's TED talk

I read about Jill Bolte Taylor in an essay written by Ann-Marie Priest in The Best Australian Essays 2009 edited by Robyn Davidson. Thanks to the internet you can see Ms. Taylor, looking quite well, in this presentation in 2008.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight?language=en


Ms. Taylor's description is identical to many others who took LSD. What's interesting is that even though she recognized her experience stemmed from a physiological condition (a stroke), that didn't diminish the value of it. Her book My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey has the details.

My explorations occurred at a much younger age, but the insights are still unfolding and continue to provide the foundation for my day-to-day behavior. I can only hope my stroke, if/when it occurs, is as elucidating as the experiences of my youth. Something to look forward to!




No comments:

Post a Comment