Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tyee Lakes Trail, California








































The size of the Tyee Lakes Trail parking lot got me tuh figuring there must be something to warrant that much unpaved and trammeled ground. I only went about a mile but quickly became enthralled. The granite, white at the trailhead, gets even more so with altitude.

The juxtaposition of the youth (lower right) growing out of the rock and the matriarch (photo below) got me to thinking. I turned 60 last December and that light at the end of the tunnel seems to be looming a bit brighter these days.



I bushwacked for a few minutes to take my first drink (for this trip) of "real" water from a tiny stream not too far off the trail.....mountain champagne!!


































Noticing the patterns in the bark reminded me of some of my LSD experiences eons ago.





I assured the ant it would receive all residuals.







No comments:

Post a Comment