Monday, October 16, 2017

Durango

Double-el has an eye for the surreal.


She got the chance to focus it at an extraordinary thrift store in the corner of the little shopping center north of the Budget Inn.








With Jimi Hendrix and Elvis Costello.








Her fascination with the culture's ability to convince women they need to look a certain way prompted us, decades ago, to do a show (at my gallery) called Poodlemania. Poodles, womens' canine equivalent, require coiffuring. And pussy, or even better, pussyass, really needs sparkling-blue eyes. All this from the masters-of-pedophilia; with downcast eyes she's ever-ready to do his bidding.





Then there was this Radiant Cat.






Bought & Paid for by the Durango Herald.







You're ready for ennything iffn you gots yer meat an' yer paintbrush.





A cute video for you gun enthusiasts...(WARNING - Writer & Director is a Double-el)

https://youtu.be/4T41M7cCqsU










Acerbic kulchur-critic. Have you ever SEEn anyone so smug?!!!




At Jean Pierre's (Double-el)




And after months of hunting, I found my five-dollar hat at the Humane Society Thrift across from Walmart. (Note gusseted pantleg.)





Photographer Jake Quinones is a contributing editor to Overland Journal. He took the photo below on Sept 15, 2014. I was camped on the Taos Steppe when Jake came by scouting destinations for his tour company, New Mexico Backroads.  Although barely 9:00 in the morning, when Jake proffered a Santa Fe Brewery stout, I set my spliffoes (the poochy part from whence cats' whiskers protrude) and proceeded. It served as the blog banner for several years. (Mentioned by Mark Johnson in Comments.)



I still had Eggbert, my 1999 Chevy (Suzuki) Metro hatchback.



6 comments:

  1. A fine portrait, that last photo...but not as good as the one with your shirt off and a beer in hand :)
    Box Canyon Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added...for your, and everyone else's, viewing pleasure. And now that Jake's become famous, I feel even MORE honored. (Truth be told, it's my fav pic of myself.)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Grumpy Annie!! WHEN r u gonna SHOW yerse'f?!!

      Delete
  3. so much good stuff! I love it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete