Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Idaho Joe's - Twin Falls

I made more than one trip to Twin Falls and each time it caught my eye. (The last one was to get a diagnosis of the cause of pain where my right kidney hangs out.)

They offered a ribeye, my fav. I've given up on store-bought beef as tasteless, but suspect the rumor about restaurants getting better quality is true so thought I'd give it a try. I like it seared on the outside and raw inside or, as it's known, black & bleu. Melissa took our order and we waited. They'd let their liquor license go for lack of business. This is a "family" restaurant -- with a loyal clientele.

The steak was astounding! It rivaled one I had at the steak house in Los Alamos in 2004 when Frayda and I went up to visit a friend. Jeff came out to accept my compliments and although I couldn't compensate Melissa as much as I'd've liked (I'm on a Low Budget (Kinks, 1979)), I did my best to let her know. (The shrimp dinner she ordered was good too.)

She's got a thing about "NO SUGAR!!" which I've appreciated in my effort to drop the extra 80 pds I've accumulated. But those pies -- in the case by the register -- had the look of authenticity. And although we all know how far looks go, I know I'd enjoy seeing just how far. Perhaps you'll let me know?

8/23/17 Chef: Jeff; server: Melissa served. Superb!

Idaho Joes Restaurant & Bakery (REAL pies!!)
598 Blue Lakes Blvd N
83301
Facebook

Tripadvisor



No comments:

Post a Comment